Madhura Swaminathan is professor and head of the Economic Analysis Unit at the Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore.
- Socio-Economic Surveys of Three Villages in TripuraINR 600
The fourth in the Socio-Economic Survey series of the Foundation for Agrarian Studies (FAS), this book is a field report on agrarian relations in rural Tripura. It is based on a detailed household ...
- Women and Work in Rural IndiaINR 995
Empirical study of women’s work and of women in the diverse labour processes that exist in rural India is meagre. This book seeks to extend our understanding of the nature of women’s work in di...
- SOCIO- ECONOMIC SURVEYS OF THREE VILLAGES IN WEST BENGALINR 1,250
This book reports findings from surveys conducted by the Foundation for Agrarian Studies' Project on Agrarian Relations in India (PARI) in different agro-climatic reg...
- Dalit Households in Village EconomiesINR 695
Caste is an institution of oppression and social discrimination specific to South Asia, more so to India. Central to the caste system were the status assigned to the Dalit people and the criminal p...
- Socio-economic Surveys of Three Villages in Andhra PradeshINR 295This volume is a field report on surveys of agrarian relations in three villages in Andhra Pradesh conducted by scholars of the Foundation for Agrarian Studies. The study villages are Ananthavaram vil...
- Socio-Economic Surveys of Three Villages in KarnatakaINR 450
This volume is a field report on surveys of agrarian relations in three villages in Karnataka, conducted by scholars associated with the Foundation for Agrarian Studies. The study villages are Alab...
Akshaya Mukul is the author of Gita Press and the Making of Hindu India (2015), which won every major non-fiction award in India on its release, including the Crossword Book Award, Ramnat
Grover Furr graduated from McGill University in Montreal, Canada in 1965 with a B.A. in English. He received a Ph.D. in Comparative Literature from Princeton University in 1978. Since February 1970
Gloria Evangelina Anzaldúa (26 September 1942 – 15 May 2004) was an American poet and feminist theorist.
Jasbir Jain (born 1937) is a writer and Honorary Director of the Institute for Research in Interdisciplinary Studies, Jaipur. She is the recepient of many awards and fellowships and has authored se
Samata Biswas teaches English at The Sanskrit College and University, Kolkata. She is a member of the Calcutta Research Group. She has co-edited the Anveshi Broadsheet on Violence; is a member of t
Harbans Mukhia taught medieval history for 44 years at Delhi University and Jawaharlal Nehru Univesity. He is the founder-editor of The Medieval History Journal.